Thursday, June 6, 2013

About Tanjung Bira (Bira Cape)

Flying free.. Well I've been done that oftenly. But only for business trip purpose only and only one night stay which accommodate by office.
So as a mediocre employee who craving for a holiday ;p whenever there is a big promo from any airlines I try not to missed it. Hehehhe
Last year at December or November (I forget) Air Asia had a big promo for flight to Makassar from Jakarta. I got the tickets return only IDR 20,000 or equals to USD 2 !! No idea what to do in Makassar since I've been there for a couple times but just only at the city.
Then friend of mine told me that I can visit Tanjung Bira at South Sulawesi. Well I am the beach person and  than I was thought that idea was brilliant. 

Been searching about Tanjung Bira and everything but the information still not satisfy me. And also this trip I was all alone. Already ask some friends for joined but none could say yes.
Hffftt. Was doubt about this, whether will going or not going. Then I post my plan looking for a friend to share cost and info at Tanjung Bira at backpackersindonesia.com .
Almost hopeless because after a week none reply my post. And then near the date before leaving some people replied my post and surprisingly they were invited me to join they group. More surprise some of them were at the same flight with me !! Aaaakkk I became super excite :D
But I only joined with them when we went to Liukang Island. Since their car was fully loaded and no more room for me :)

So my flight was 6am from Jakarta and arrived Makassar at 10am (local time) it was 2.5 hours flight. From airport I took taxi to Malengkeri Bus Terminal. At there there are some of people will offer you and ask you where to go. Might will scary you because they were very hyper to ask this :p. Just answer you want to go to Bira they will arrange car for you. Because the main destination is Bulukumba and not all the cars(usually Kijang, Avanza or Panther) went to Bira. Ensure to the driver that you will stop at Bira or you can mention where you stay at Bira.
It took 4-5 hours to Bira from Malengkeri and dont be surprise along the way to Bira the driver will pick some passengers until inside the car will feel reaallly reallyy hectic. :)))
Usually after about 2 hours drive the car will stop for eat or rest. You can try the local food, usually the menu was Ikan Bakar + Sop (Fish bbq + soup) and it's totally cheap.
If you unfortunately got the car but only stop at Bulukumba you can continue to Bira by Pete-pete (angkot).
But this pete-pete only available until noon. So arrange your time to reach Bira before dark.


I arrived at Bira around 6:30 pm. The driver drop me at Salassa Guest House. This place was recommended   if you a budget traveller like me :p. I stayed 3 nights at this place and whether you stay or not at this place, you should try the food. The foods totally the best food you can get at Bira. I guarantee you. The taste deliciousto and oh soo omnom yummy :9

photo is from here http://travenesia.com/bira-beach/

So at the second day, I finally met the friends and will go to Liukang beach for snorkel!! wohooo... Let me tell you. The corals near Liukang island is really really healthy. Was underestimate about the coral but after I saw that. Whooaa... regret in my self couldn't dive deeper. Urghh.
There was also a diving spot near Bira at Kambing Island. Kambing in english means goat. So yeah in this island the 'people' is goats. The owner of this island use the island for goat breed. And once a year he brought some goats to sell to the people at the city or surrounding. The actual name of this island was Bentang Island. But people were famous with Kambing Island.
Back to the diving, there are some spots of diving at Kambing island, like shark point, manta point and fish market. 
There also dive operator in Bira. The famous one is Bira Divers.

 You can try to stay at Liukang island it was more quite and you might feel like Tom Hanks in Cast Away :p
Because only few people stay in this island. 
And this is the view of Liukang Corals. The visibility was nice. But since the current was quite high not many fishes show up. But still it was very nice to see the beautiful corals everywhere. Very colorful! Wish I could go dive freely. :(
This underwatere picture was taken by our tour guide.
The Liukang island was 15 minutes away from Bira beach. You can rent boat for 200k-300k from Bira beach to Liukang Loe and back again to Bira (usually already include the snorkel gears).

And also you can see the Phinisi boat maker. The famous one was Tanaberu. But near Bira there also the Phinisi maker. Near the harbour. Yap.. Makassar was famous with the Phinisi. The ship order come from around the round.


I really-really enjoy this holiday. I met new friends and had fun together. And the beach... oh my god.. it's really-really stunning beach I ever saw!!

Well so here's the trip cost (everything in IDR):
Flight tickets (return)                                    : 90,000
Taxi to Malangkeri (return)                          :200,000
Angkot to Bira from Malangkeri and return  :100,000
Salassa Guest House (@90,000 x 3 nights) : 270,000
Fins rent for snorkel                                    :   30,000
Bike rent (sharing)                                      :   30,000
                        Total expense for 3 nights   : 720,000

Exclude foods and snacking :p

Pretty cheap to enjoy the beautiness of east Indonesia right?

;-)

So... what beach I'll visit next??

Stay tuned on my blog. Hehehehh


No comments:

Post a Comment