Monday, February 14, 2022

Road Trippin’ Alone to Wonosobo

Last year in October 2021, I put another check list on my wishlist. Driving alone all by myself far enough. Actually I dont like the idea of driving alone. But due to Covid-19 Situation and during the pandemic, I get used with driving alone. Surething I love company but for safety situation and condition I choose to be going alone.

Remember on my last post I visited Lawu with Siksorogo friends from Solo. I made friend with some of them and he loves my idea to clim Sumbing Sindoro. Because I REALLLY REALLLLLYY wanna go there. So I took my day off and drive to Wonosobo but before that I had to picked up my friend, Yurin, at Salatiga.

Since none at home at that time, I had to putted my cats at petshop. So I can drive peacefully. 

I left my home around 9am after make sure everything safe and good. On 12pm I already arrived at Cipali toll (around 250km). I stopped at nearby Rest Area because I was really hungry. If you ever drive in Cipali toll you will understand how bored the road. The only things that I could do only was singing a long so I put karaoke and old school playlist on my Spotify.

And on 5pm I arrived at Salatiga, Yurin’s home. I stayed at his home for a night and drive to Wonosobo at 3am. We arrived at Garung Basecamp at 4am and start hike on 4.30am. It was still dark and cold, the basecamp gate not open yet but we keep continue to hike.

We reached first pos at 5.30 and the sun almost rise. Back at that day I was not in good shape ahahah… My was hardly ever run and do the long run.. but I still went to trail but only at Sentul for a easy 10-15k. And sometimes went to Bandung, climbing and bit have fun. The point is I was less motivated, because it was lockdown and almost no offline race (I dont really fance virtual race).

After pos 2 the sun rise and we could see Mount Sindoro behind us… It was soooo beautiful. The definition of my childhood draw (two mountains and paddy rice downside) was real, LOL.

We are above the clouds

Actually I am about to cry when climb this mountain… it was really really really beautiful!! MON DIEU. I am speechless. It was worthed between the view and the effort. Can believe, I drove 500km for this heaven. Moreover after Pos 3 the view from savannah was totally super sick!

WHAT A MAGNIFICENT VIEW

The cold wind and thin Oxygen were taste like a sweet taste in my skin. I am craving for it, the blood rushing all over my body because my heart pumping faster. I was tired but I am happy because of the serotonin. We have no rush but the urge to reach the top as fast as possible was a competitive tought which born in me. 

Ups I forget to tell you that Pos 3 is the best place for you if you want to open the tent. The Garung Basecamp created some comfortablespr spot to open the tent. I think nearby the area there is a spring water. But my memory about it a bit blurry, please correct me if I’m wrong.

So Yurin keep pushed me to arrive the crater at 8am but I was failed hehehe. I arrived the crater on 9am-ish. It already on 3,000 MASL it’s getting hard and harder ahahha.

Mount Sumbing has wide crater and there all many route to arrived the crater. So when I arrived the crater we met many people from another based camp.


The view from Sumbing caldera was super awesome, I regreted not to took the picture of it because we wanted to climb the peak.There are several peaks (Rajawalin and Garuda peak) in Mount Sumbing and we climbed Rajawali peak.

3,371 MASL view

After reached the peak, we felt so hungry hungry hungry. Lucky we bring some decent food that bought from Salatiga. The plan before we wanted do the Sindoro after we back to Basecamp. But my stomach was felt not well. Alsooo after back to basecamp I felt sooo tired and sleep was a good idea after a long drive and climb as well. So we slept at Sindoro View Hotel. Would love to recommend this hotel if you stay at Wonosobo. the room are super spacious also they have hot water. 

So we make sure that we have enough food and good sleep because we will hike to 3,136 MASL or Mount Sumbing early on next day. From the hotel to Sindoro basecamp only 5 minutes drive. The basecamp not open yet but there were the guard, so we asked permition and they let us to start early. We start at 5pm from basecamp, when we walked to Pos 1 we met many farmers whom about to work. They already old but still in good shape to the field in early morning!!

Climbing mount Sindoro from Garung the view are full of trees and narrow, also path already stacked with the woods, I think because many farmers still going to the wood to look for herb or woods. We didn’t met any hikers at that day maybe because of none hike before 7am. But after pos 3 we saw a lot of tent. Also the view from pos 3 is the best place to see mount Sumbing.


After pos 3 the climb is going stepper and stepper. Also there are so many rocks compare to mount Sumbing. And me getting slower and hungrier hehehe. The view also still magnificent AF. If only I could slowdown and enjoy the view with hot tea or coffee. I still want to collecting and pleasuring my eyes to make the best memory of this mountain. I just so darn beautiful… I would nominated them as Miss Universe if I could. LOL.

Mount Sindoro has active crater and sandy peak

Reaching the peak with tired body is pretty challenging. Because the countour to the peak consist of small rocks and sandy. So I kinda more slowing down. When we arrived the peak, there are many people at there. They camp at pos 3 and start summit attack at 3am.

Excuse me while am kissing the sky

It was fun to climb Sindoro, I love to see the new mountain and finally two bucket list checked during the weekend. Road tripping and Climbing Sumbing and Sindoro. 


Hello Sumbing from Sindoro

So we go back to hotel at 10am… we cleaned ourselves and get ready to check out. We left hotel at 3pm and drive Yurin back to Salatiga. Since I drove from Salatiga to Wonosobo at dark I never knew the driving view from Salatiga to Wonosobo is also pretty as hell!!… You can see the magnificent Mount Merbabu, Andong and Telomoyo. I was driving with jaw dropping….if only I could record it. 

I arrived at Salatiga at 5pm and decided to drive back to home right away because I want home before midnight. But I regretted it. I completely forget that I just climbed a mountain!! How could I was not to think have enough rest before driving 500km to home!! Oh it was stupid and crazy idea. 

First 200km I always try to manage a sleep at rest area. But I was to scare and the noise from outside was ubearble. I slept but always felt not enough. So I planned to stop again at the next 100km. And it keep going like that, I had to stop at rest area to close my eyes and let me rest for a while. The worst part when entering Jakarta and 50km to home my brain about to burn! They demand me to stop and sleep. I try to sleep at flyover toll… but it was too shaky and am afraid what if the flyover collapsed T_T (ahahhaha)

I try to hold and hold my eyes and it feels like FOREVER!… and at 3am I safely landed at home.
SAFE AND SOUND.

Would I love to do the road trip again???? TOTALLY FOR SURE. Either alone or with accompany will deffo do that.

Totally so proud of my self for having guts and making it happened.

Whoop whooop.


No comments:

Post a Comment