Monday, November 20, 2023

A Week with Mama Cham

This year was the most epic year for me. Because finally I back to France again and now this time at Chamonix. Chamonix is the Alps city where the Mont Blanc located. A city for outdoor lover or to be precise, home for mountaineering. 

It was in summer week and was full in awe when observing this city. When my bus stopped at Chamonix bus stop I whisper "dear Allah I already fell in love with this city... I felt my soul and home is in this place." Yes I directly in love with Cham. See soo many outdoor lovers there made me excited. During summer people come to Chamonix for hiking, climbing the Mont Blanc or paragliding and of course running.

UTMB week in Chamonix totally amazing. All trail running lovers from all around the world are coming to the city! I even can feel it from my flight.. at my stop at Dubai before heading to Geneva, I can see many trail runners and getting ready for UTMB.. Ultra Trail Mont Blanc. 

Now let me tell you what's UTMB. It's not the oldest trail race in this world. They just celebrate 20 years UTMB this year. This race always happened on last week of August so that's why actually the weather will be like summer but also a bit rain. And this year the anomaly of weather in Chamonix was started on the beginning of the week. All PTL and TDS were start with rain and snowy condition. Snow during summer... It was soo interesting. But when Friday the sun already bright again and giving the best weather till Sunday.


I ran the CCC which is 100km distance. The race started at Courmayeur at Italy, passing the Champex in Switzerland and end at Chamonix, France. I was super excited since it was one of my dream. Finally I can feel the atmosphere of UTMB and run at the most prestigious race in trail running.


I never ran a trail race with that so many people running.. The excitement was non stop... It was hard. The first climb was so packed and we have to waiting since it was a single track. You cant do that on Indo.. people will shortcut and have no patience, but in this race people will "boo" at you if you try to shortcut. hehehe.

Well long story short I DNFed the CCC. I stopped at 60km and caught only 1 minute Cut Of Time at somewhere. I was surprised because it wasn't listed at the application that they asked us to download. It made me shock and sad. But I surrender to universe and maybe it was the best decision for me currently.

It was the best race I ever ran in my life and I am glad that I experienced it. I really fell in love with Cham and must be a reason why I got DNF. My mind, heart and soul was soo invested to move or getting ready for the comeback. If I came back next year I really really need to get out from my country... LOL

Dear Mama Cham... please show me the way





No comments:

Post a Comment