Saturday, July 17, 2021

Mid Year of 2021

 Helloo..

Just to update the world in case someone read it in 2040 or more.. we in 2021, at Indonesia currently just hit 2nd wave of Covid-19. (anj emang).

When you thought at early 2021 it's getting better, et voila... here we are in Delta Variant attack. They are more bad and more contagious. They said within 5 secs if in a room with a positive Covid-19 with Delta variant they will infected you as well.

Next variant will infected you through virtual message. Just like trojan virus (only millenial understand this heheh).

So yeah... we are in lockdown. event more stricker. you can't go inside the town if you don't have any permit from your office or government. but guess what.. this is indonesia bitcheeesss... you can't apply that kinda of rule like in europe and apply it here. They need money to live. The factory need the employee to run the machine.

Another worst thing in this delta variant... many young people die. At first I thought "ahh they died just because they old or having complication from the disease..". But the young people who smokes and having comorbid also in very danger situation when facing delta variant.

Meanwhile.... in Europe they already going out without mask. Held the Euro, Tour de France, Wimbledon, some music concerts, etc. What a contrary.

You know what another contrary. Mostly the zone or area with high positive rate are the big city with dense population. Little access to fresh air or having outdoor activity. Couple days before lockdown I visited Cibodas. I climbed Mount Gede and asked about the covid situation at there. Surprisingly many locals that not believe with this pandemic. They said they never see I know have this sick in their place.

While if you check the social media, wa message, the news... like every damn day there are non stop sad news... some family in critical situation and they need someone to donate the plasma but you had to got covid before, some looking for the oxygen, some looking for a place to isolated and don't ask about the hospital situation. It's hella crazy as well. Also the news of someone who not win the battle with covid. It just too much and overwhelming.

You need to escape but everything is close now. Even the place for doing sport. My fave gate away the GBK is close. The government suggest you to run or exercise at home. But can you imagine if you live in super pack area like in Jakarta and you stay at home. And in Jakarta itself there are many families who live in small home with 8-10 people living inside there. Can you imagine how stressful is that?

The mall and some offline retail is close. So it means they not go to work. They lose income. Ok that is the situation in Jakarta. Now let's take a look into another place. Let's see Bali. In early 2021 they already felt much better. Domestic tourist who craving for holiday are went to Bali. And many of my friends also decided to move to Bali during the remote work (how lucky). Also including me visited Bali twice during the pandemic (1 for holiday and 1 for work). But what I heard also during this pandemic due to Bali really depend their self from tourism... Many people lost the job. I saw many stores are closed. Malls are stop operating. And hotels and restaurants are for sale because there are no tourist. And impacted to increase in crime as well.

Last time I visited Bali, I was walking in Seminyak area. Just before pandemic this area is one of the crowdest place during the weekend. It always jammed. Restaurant always full with people. Bar with live music and etc. It always buzzing at night. But when I was there... it was soooo quite. I was looking for a way to a Four Season Hotel from my place. And passed the street seller who sell clothes and souvenir. I was actually surprised that they still open. And I heard they said "It will get better next week... we can selling again.. cheer up!"

Aanndd... we got lockdown again :(
I am thinking of them tonight. I wish I could help them... It must be the hardest time for them. I wish the government there could do something for people who lost the job. Because if it keep continue.. the crime will getting worse. 

I still remember the day I visit Bali for work couple years ago. The driver who took me said to me.... "Bali is soo safe... you have to move here if you love outdoor.. we always live in peace". But how can you live in peace if you don't have money, now.

Hopefully Bali will coming back stronger and getting more safer just like the old days. Of course also the whole cities in Indonesia will recover very very soon. 

This pandemic really tiring huh.




No comments:

Post a Comment